Take Action Publications Press Room About Public Citizen Public Citizen Divisions Home

Join Now!

Membership Levels

Renew Your Membership

Contribute Now

Learn about Planned Giving

Learn about Workplace Giving

In order to maintain our fierce independence, Public Citizen does not accept corporate or government funds


For Keyword(s)
advanced search

Email Signup

Sign up for our free activist updates.

We do not share email addresses with third parties. For more details see our privacy policy.

JOIN US! |Take Action | Publications | Contact Us

Public Citizen Foundation’s
Workplace Giving Program

Workplace donations are a convenient way to contribute to Public Citizen through payroll deduction. Workplace giving is a great way to make large contributions without a significant impact on your paycheck. For example, just $5 a week adds up to a total yearly contribution of $260! Donations to Public Citizen Foundation are also tax-deductible!

Workplace Giving Options:

Combined Federal Campaign (CFC): The Combined Federal campaign is the largest workplace giving campaign in the world. The CFC is a great opportunity for Federal employees. Once again, Public Citizen will be an option in your Combined Federal Campaign during the Fall 2007 season. We are listed under the federation Human & Civil Rights Organizations of America. To designate contributions to Public Citizen Foundation, select organization #11168 from the CFC brochure.

Independent Corporate Campaigns: These days many corporations do not contract with United Way to produce their workplace campaigns, but rather produce and manage the campaigns themselves under their own brand. Public Citizen Foundation’s inclusion in many of these campaigns is automatic by virtue of our membership in Human and Civil Rights Organizations of America. If we are not listed in your campaign’s brochure, contact your human resources person to find out how you can direct your contributions to Public Citizen Foundation.


United Way: Public Citizen Foundation is currently listed in United Way brochures for the campaigns in San Francisco and at the City University of New York. If we are not listed in your brochure, please ask your local United Way how you can make a contribution to Public Citizen Foundation.

Earth Share of Texas: Earth Share of Texas is an umbrella organization of 70 local, state, national and international nonprofit environmental groups. Employees all across Texas can support Earth Share of Texas and its participating organizations through their payroll deduction plans. Be sure that you choose to have your funds designated to Public Citizen-Texas. Your human resource manager can help! If your company does not currently offer Earth Share as an option, contact our Texas office (512-477-1155) to find out how to get your company involved.

State Employee Campaigns: Public Citizen Foundation is currently registered with nine state employee campaigns: California, Connecticut, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia and Texas. We participate under Independent Charities of America (except for California, Maryland and Texas, which have their own campaigns), so if you work for a state government please look for us in the alpha index of your official campaign brochure.

If for some reason you do not meet the above criteria, please ask your human resources person how your employer can get involved.

To learn about other ways to contribute to Public Citizen, please click here.

    » join

Because Public Citizen does not accept funds from corporations, professional associations or government agencies, we can remain independent and follow the truth wherever it may lead. But that means we depend on the generosity of concerned citizens like you for the resources to fight on behalf of the public interest. If you would like to help us in our fight, click here.

Join | Contact PC | Contribute | Site Map | Careers/Internships| Privacy Statement.